Fremantle Bowling Club
Rules for use of Bowling Greens
1. There is to be a maximum of 4 bowlers per rink at any one time and 1.5m distancing rule applies.
(BA: Subject to the social gathering and distancing legislation/restrictions, only four people are allowed to play together and the 1.5m physical distancing rule is to be observed at all times.)
2. Maximum of 4 alternate rinks to be used on A Green; please refer to the black board for available rinks.
(BA: There must be one rink space (an empty rink) between each rink in use.)
3. A maximum of 10 players permitted on one green at any one time. There will be no booking system at this time but limit your roll-up time to 1 hour if there are people waiting. Please keep within these rules and cooperate so that as many bowlers as possible get to roll-up.
(BA/BWA: A maximum of 10 persons is allowed per green at any one time. Bowling Clubs may need to have a booking system in place to facilitate. Bowling Clubs with more than one green need to ensure that compliance is achieved in respect to social gathering restrictions.)
4. Do not handle same mats or jacks. There will be sufficient mats and jacks in the box for your use.
(BA: All players are to use separate mats and jacks (or ensure that the same player on each rink places mats or places/rolls jacks)
5. Do not share any other bowls equipment..
(BA: Other bowls equipment cannot be shared between players (e.g. bowls, cloths, measures etc).)
6. Please use the No Rinse Sanitiser and roll of disposable cloth towels in or next to the mat/jack box to clean mats and jacks
(BA: Disinfectant spray must be made available beside mat/jack boxes and between each use all mats and jacks must be thoroughly cleaned by players.
7. Practice good hygiene by washing your hands before and after your roll-up. You may access the ground floor toilets through the western exterior door (keycard in locked box next to door – code number is the same as the one for the mat/jack box lock, return keycard to box after opening door). For now we will disarm the alarm in the corridor area from 9am to 6pm for toilet access.
(BA: Players should practice safe hygiene at all times, including washing hands for at least 20 seconds before and after bowls
8. Please do not remain after your roll-up – the Bar is not yet open.
(BA: Individuals must leave the premises immediately after conclusion of play and cleaning of equipment.)
9. Coaching if available is limited to a maximum of 2 people at any one time.
(BA: Coaching should be limited to no more than a coach and two other people at the time and all practicing physical distancing of 1.5m during the coaching session.
10. No social groups/barefoot bowls.
(BA: No barefoot bowls activity )
11. People aged 70 or over, and/or those with chronic medical conditions are encouraged to stay home
(BA: People at a higher risk of severe illness (those aged over 70 and/or those with chronic medical conditions or compromised immune systems) are encouraged to remain at home whenever possible.)